In case, your customer is running out of credit and cannot arrange the payment in time, you can set the credit limit for them.
- For PREPAID account
- Credit limit enables the account to work when the credit balance goes negative. When you receive the payment, please add the payment in to clear the debt.
- Credit limit can be temporary or permanent.
- Credit limit is applied to ALL transactions and accumulates over time.
- For POSTPAID account
- Credit limit is required.
- Credit limit is applied on the Unbilled amount and is Reset every month.
Guidelines to determine the credit limit
|Payment scheme||Sending out invoice||Type of invoices to be sent||Un-billed amount||Estimated credit limit|
|PREPAID||N/A||N/A||N/A||– An amount to cover transactions in a period (Temporary credit limit).|
– Large credit limit until the users top up their account (Permanent credit limit)
|POSTPAID||Yes||– Individual invoice (subscription, add-on, service and hardware) – Monthly tax invoice (usage)||Usage charge (call, SMS, fax, Number activation fee)||Usage charge|
|Yes||– 1 consolidated monthly invoice (All transactions are composed in the monthly tax invoice)||All transactions||Subscription + hardware/service + usage|
|No||No||All transactions||Subscription + hardware/service + usage|
Check Credit Limit
View the column Credit limit to know the amount of credit configured for the customer.
Change credit limit
- Go to the Finance app
- Choose the Organization Management tab
- Search Organization by:
- Wallet ID
- Select Set credit limit
- Input an amount for the Credit limit
- Temporary increase days (optional for Prepaid account) – The credit limit will expire after temporary increase days.
- Save Changes