1. What is a Topup invoice?
This is the invoice that you issue to your customer to top up their balance.
2. How to handle a Topup invoice?
Create a Topup invoice
In order to create a Topup invoice, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Invoice app
- Select Invoices tab
- Click + Create Invoice
- Choose Topup
- Fill in the necessary information:
- Billing to
- Topup amount
- Create Invoice
Allocate payment to a Topup invoice
- You need to add a payment to the customer account from Finance app.
- Allocate the payment to the appropriate invoice(s):
- At Finance app
- At Invoice app:
- Select a particular invoice
- Click on 3 dots icon
- Choose Payment
- Select the appropriate payment
- If the topped up payment has not been spent on any transactions yet (e.g. call, sms…), it can be removed.
- Topup invoice that needs to be allocated payment must be sent/marked as sent already.
Provision a Topup invoice
When the top-up invoice is allocated a payment, it is being provisioned.
(e.g, when you allocate $100 to a top-up invoice of user A, the balance of user A will increase by $100 and the top-up invoice becomes provisioned and will be marked as paid)
Void a Topup invoice
As long as the top-up invoice is NOT allocated (or provisioned) & still Awaiting Payment, it can be voided. No credit note is required.